Note: recipe from sweetpotatosoul.com. I re-posted for review purposes.
My rating: 8/10
Total time: 5 minutes
- 14-oz can of salt-free chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp mashed avocado
- 1 tbsp dijon or whole grain mustard
- 1½ tbsp ume plum vinegar (add a splash more if you are using avocado instead of mayo)
- 2 tsp celery seeds
- 1/2 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tbsp minced green onion/red onion/shallot (your preference!)
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (more to taste) or crushed chili flakes
- 4 leaves romaine or kale
- seasoned nori, or unseasoned
- toasted bread
Tip: add a slice of vegan cheese while toasting the bread for a delicious “tuna” melt style!
Place the chickpeas, mayo, mustard, ume vinegar, celery seeds, celery, onion, black pepper, and cayenne pepper into a food processor.
Pulse a few times until incorporated and minced. Careful not to over-blend. You shouldn’t be pulsing more than 20 seconds.
Serve over toast with romaine lettuce and nori.
As always, enjoy and leave your comments below!
Love vegan food and want to help nurture the vegan community? Like the idea of a $20 shirt or tank top? Check out our gear: https://www.bonfire.com/veganminneapolis/