Disclaimer: recipe modified from brandnewvegan.com for review purposes.
My favorite thing about this recipe is that you get to make your own vegan version of ground beef from common vegan household ingredients.
Prep time: 15 mins, Cook time: 45 mins, Total time: 1 hour
Here we go!
- 1 small head Cauliflower
- 4oz Fresh Mushrooms
- 1 cup Walnuts
- Corn Tortillas
- 2 Tbs Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbs Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Ground Pepper
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Toppings (jalapeno, tomatoes, ect)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Lightly pulse the mushrooms in a food processor until you have a rice like consistency
- Now pulse (or chop) the walnuts to the same consistency and mix in a large bowl
- Remove the core and leaves of your cauliflower and cut into small pieces
- Pulse the cauliflower to the same consistency and add to bowl
- Stir in soy sauce and mix
- Stir in spices and mix well, making sure everything is mixed thoroughly
- Spread mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes
- Stir lightly and continue baking for an additional 10-15 minutes
Fill corn tortillas with your delicious vegan taco meat and top it with whatever the hell you want!
As always, Enjoy! Let me know what your favorite toppings and sauces are in the comments below!