Disclaimer: Recipe modified from elephantasticvegan.com for review purposes.
Rating: 8/10, would make over and over again!
Prep time: 10 mins, Cook time: 15 mins. Total time: 25 mins
Makes about 10 sticks
- ½ block of your favorite vegan cheese (or make your own!)
- frying oil
- (For Breading):
- 1 cup panko flakes
- 1 teaspoon pink Himilayan salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- (For batter):
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (you could also use chickpea flour or soy flour)
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon black salt
- Cut the cheese into sticks.
- Mix the ingredients for the breading in a bowl. Mix the ingredients for the batter in a separate bowl.
- Dip the cheese sticks first in the batter, then in the breading. Make sure they are as fully coated as possible. Once all the cheese sticks are coated with breadcrumbs, heat the frying oil in a small pot and fry the cheese sticks for a few minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Place the cheese sticks on a kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
As always, Enjoy!
Join the community for even more resources, recipes and discussion with other kickass vegans!