20 minutes. Serves: 4.
- 1 large cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 big cloves of roasted garlic (or 1 clove raw garlic)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp vegan margarine
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Chop the head of cauliflower into small florets.
- Place cauliflower in a large pot and fill with just enough water to cover the florets.
- Bring the water to boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Steam until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower well.
- Place the cauliflower in a large bowl, and puree with potato masher blender.
- Mix in remaining ingredients, seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste.
For the roasted garlic:
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Cut off the end of the garlic cloves and season with oil, salt and pepper.
- Wrap the cloves up with foil and place them on baking pan. Bake them for 1 hour.
- When cooled, pop the cloves from their skins, and mash them up before incorporating them into your dish.
Recipe altered from vegangela.com
As always, enjoy!