- 1½ cups uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large bunch asparagus, stalks cut off and cut into ½” pieces
- ½ cup chopped sundried tomatoes packed in oil (about 8 sundried tomatoes), plus 2 tbsp oil (reserved to use in dressing)
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- ¾ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp reserved oil from sundried tomatoes
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and rinse thoroughly with cool water for at least 2 minutes; drain.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the broth and quinoa to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to the lowest setting, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the mixture stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff the quinoa with a fork and set aside.
- Steam the asparagus for 2 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Transfer the asparagus to a colander and rinse under ice-cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients in a large bowl. When cool, add the quinoa, asparagus, sundried tomatoes, olives and onions, and toss gently to combine. Top with toasted pine nuts and serve.
(Recipe altered from vegangela.com)
Join the community for even more resources, recipes and discussion with other kickass vegans!