This breakfast is quick and packed with nutrients!
Takes about 15 minutes and serves 4.
Recipe modified from connoisseurusveg.com
- 2 tbsp. olive oil or veggie broth or water
- 1 small or 1/2 large sweet potato, finely diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz. package of tempeh, crumbled
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce/liquid aminos/tamari
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 4 corn tortillas
- hot sauce
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add sweet potato and sauté until lightly browned, about five minutes.
- Add onion and continue to sautee until softened, about five minutes. Add garlic and sautee another minute. Add tempeh and sautee until browned, about five minutes. You may need to break up some bits of tempeh with a spatula.
- Add pepper, soy sauce, cumin, paprika, maple and lemon juice. Sautee about two more minutes.
- Serve in tortillas or in bowls.
- Top with avocado, scallions and hot sauce.
As always, enjoy!