- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (solid)
- 2 to 2 1/2 Tbsp of water
- One 9-inch pie dish
- 2 tsp arrowroot
- 1 package of tofu – firm
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp turmeric (optional for color)
- 3 tbsp Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg mixed with 1 cup ice cold almond milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (more for topping)
- 2 cups (peeled, cubed, boiled potatoes)
- Garnish scallion and vegan sour cream
- 1 package of shiitakes (sliced)
- 1 tbs tamari
- 1 tbs liquid smoke
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- cracked black pepper
- Shiitake Bacon: Slice the mushrooms, coat in all the ingredients and bake in the oven on 250 for 30 to 40 minutes. Rotate the mushrooms midway for an even cook. Mushrooms should be crispy, not hard. (coat in ingredients for however long you can).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Add coconut oil to flour, use your (clean) hands to work the coconut oil into the flour until you have a mixture that looks like a coarse meal with pieces of butter no bigger than a pea. Sprinkle water onto the flour mixture a little at a time, and work the dough with your hands until the dough can be formed into a ball. Flatten the ball into a disk and press into a pie dish. Drape the rolled out dough over the pie or tart pan and press the dough into the sides of the pan. Trim and crimp the edges. Wrap with plastic wrap. Chill for 30 mins to 1hr. Poke holes with a fork in the bottom of the pie crust for air to escape and bake on 350 for 10 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Filling: In a food processor blend together the tofu, faux egg, nutritional yeast, arrowroot, turmeric (optional) and add salt and pepper. Once combined, fold in the shiitake bacon, vegan egg, potatoes, and jalapeño. Combine and then place in the pre-baked pie shell. Top with additional cheese and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and let completely cool. Top with vegan sour cream, scallion and more faux bacon and serve! Slice and enjoy!
This recipe is from eatdrinkshrink.com. Check them out for more delicious recipes!
Join the community for even more resources, recipes and discussion with other kickass vegans!