- 1 3/4 cups organic AP flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. pink Himalayan salt to taste
- 1 3/4 cups almond or soy milk
- 1/2 cup melted margarine or oil
- 2/3 cup aquafaba, whipped to stiff peaks
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk and oil, then add to the flour mixture.
- To make the whipped aquafaba, in a separate bowl use a hand mixer and whip for at least 6 minutes. You will know it is ready when you lift the mixer and the peak on the foam stays up.
- Carefully pour the whipped aquafaba into the waffle batter, and fold it in gently using a wooden spoon. Do not over mix! The foam will decrease in volume significantly once it hits the batter, but you should still see bubbles in the batter mixture.
- Cook waffles according the directions on your waffle maker. While they are cooking, make the raspberry sauce topping.
This recipe was found at eathikesit.wordpress.com.
Join the community for even more resources, recipes and discussion with other kickass vegans!