Serves 4 and takes 35 minutes!
Recipe altered from Vegangela.com
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups finely cut purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum), diced
- 2 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- ½ cup cashews (or peanuts)
- ¼ cup almond butter(or peanut butter)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger (or 1 tsp dried ginger)
- 3 tbsp tamari/soysauce/liquid aminos
- 2 tbsp agave or maple syrup or stevia
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp crushed red chili pepper (or 1 tsp Sriracha sauce)
- Place the quinoa along with 2 cups salted water in a medium saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce to the lowest heat setting. Simmer until water is completely absorbed and quinoa is fluffy, about 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Add the quinoa to the dressing and mix well to combine.
- Add the veggies, onions, cilantro and cashews.
Join the community for even more resources, recipes and discussion with other kickass vegans!