55 minutes and serves 4!
Recipe altered from vegangela.com
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, very finely minced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
- ½ tsp crushed red chili pepper
- 1 – 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 tsp dried coriander (optional)
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 1 lb), peeled and diced
- 1 can kidney or black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas (or frozen/canned corn)
- 2 cups hearty leafy greens (spinach, arugula, kale, collard)
- Salt and pepper
- If you’re using a can of diced tomatoes, blend them along with their juice for a few seconds in the food processor or blender, just to break them up.
- Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft but not brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chili and cook for about 5 minutes to soften.
- Add the tomatoes, stir to combine then add the peanut butter (and coriander, if using), stirring it in until smooth.
- Stir in the broth add sweet potatoes. Cover the pan and simmer until the sweet potatoes are tender but not falling apart, about 15 minutes.
- Add the black beans, peas/corn, greens and cook until the beans and peas/corn are heated through and the greens are wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper, and add additional crushed chili flakes, as per your heat preference.
Join the community for even more resources, recipes and discussion with other kickass vegans!