6 carrots, peeled and ends trimmed
1/2 cup low sodium tamari/ soy sauce/liquid aminos
1/2 cup filtered water
2 tablespoons organic rice vinegar
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons safflower oil
Vegan hot dog buns
Optional toppings: Relish, ketchup, thousand island dressing, vegan mayo, vegan ranch, and/or chopped red onion
Want Fries? Check this out!
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add carrots and boil for 6-8 minutes, or until just fork tender. They should still be firm once done and only slightly softened. Drain and rinse with cool water.
2. In a large bowl, mix together tamari, water, rice vinegar, sesame oil, apple cider vinegar, liquid smoke, ginger, pepper, and onion powder.
3. Add carrots to a ziplock bag or a Tupperware. Add marinate and make sure carrots are fully covered. Marinate for at least 4 hours, overnight if possible.
4. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Lightly grease with safflower oil. Add carrots to the pan, reserving the marinade. Next, add about 1/4 cup of the marinade. Grill for about 4 minutes on each side, until grill marks appear.
5. Serve each carrot in a hot dog bun and add desired toppings. Enjoy!
Want a free meal plan with awesome recipes like this one? It’s FREE!
Also, join the Vegan Minneapolis Community!