Here is a list of restaurants in the Twin Cities area that offer a great selection of vegan food. Whether you’re from out of town and looking for a place to eat, or a long-time Minnesotan curious of what local restaurants have some vegan grub, this page is for you!
Our top picks
- Evergreen Chinese – A fantastic little spot on Nicollet Ave that serves traditional Chinese and Taiwanese fare. This restaurant serves meat, but they have every sort of mock meat you can imagine, making nearly the entire menu accessible to vegans. Try their Pepper Mock Pork, Lemongrass Mock Beef, Three Cup Tofu, Vegan General Tso’s Chicken… the list goes on!
- Seward Cafe – A funky yet quiet spot offering a wide selection of brunch and lunch dishes. Check out our review of the Seward here.
- Pizza Nea – Serves up authentic Neapolitan-style pizza, located in NE Minneapolis. So many options and all can be made vegan, using vegan meats and cheeses from the Herbivorous Butcher! On the pricey side, but totally worth it and makes a great date night spot.
- Triple Rock Social Club – Located in the Riverside neighborhood of Minneapolis, the Triple Rock is a great concert venue that also boasts a kitchen cooking up vegan brunch, lunch and dinner food. They serve meat here, but have plentiful vegan options, including tofu scramble, vegan burgers, hot dogs and mac & cheese.
- Glam Doll Donuts – Nicollet Ave’s popular donutery makes vegan versions of several of their most popular donuts. Go early or order ahead to make sure you have a selection. We recommend “Night Moves” (topped w/ blackberry Hennessy icing, jam & brown sugar), and the “Femme Fatale” (filled w/ fresh raspberry curd & topped w/ vanilla icing).
- The Herbivorous Butcher
- Music Forest Cafe
- Reverie Cafe & Bar….To be continued!